Update 1st of December 2021
Since the 1st of December 2021, there´s a new law that complements the GDPR. The TTDSG (Telecommunication-Telemedia-Data Protection Act) brings some changes regarding the cookies you use on your website. Make sure that your website is up to date.
As already with the GDPR you have to make sure that:
- you deactivate cookies and tracking services until the user has have given consent
- consents must be actively set
- users must be fully informed about the purpose, number, and provider of the services used.
- The cookie banner must contain an “Accept” and a “Dismiss” button
- The “Accept” button must not be highlighted
Only technically necessary cookies do not require the express consent of the user. Cookies are technically necessary if the website would not run without them.
If you would like to make sure, that your website fulfills all legal requirements regarding the GDPR you can use for example the cookie banner from Borlabs*. It is easy to use, can be used bilingually and the support is reliable and fast.